Your hosts Barry and Judith welcome you to Mt Warning Retreat
We have a great love for Mt Warning and hope you will have too.
Before taking on the role as hosts at Mt Warning Retreat both of us had visited the region many times, having been attracted here to camp and refresh, while living in the city.
When the opportunity to live and work in this magnificent environment came along, we jumped at the chance to give back to a place that had given us so much enjoyment. We consider it a privilege to introduce others to the beautiful region of Mt Warning, Uki, and Murwillumbah.
We are both ‘bushies’ at heart, Barry having grown up in Rural Western NSW (Walgett, Bourke, and Brewarrina) and Judith, the Far West Coast of South Australia (Streaky Bay & Balaklava).
We look forward to welcoming you to our home at Mt Warning Retreat.
Barry and Judith Evans
All that’s left to do is choose your Accommodation and join us at Mt Warning Retreat!
Mt Warning Retreat has an ongoing program to reduce our carbon footprint while offering guests to the region a tranquil retreat in an eco-friendly and sustainable environment.
- Natural Mount Warning water supply
- The onsite clear water treatment system
- 10 kW grid connect solar power
- Solar hot water
- Recycling program
- Chooks to recycle kitchen scraps and return fresh, organic eggs!
- Conversion of green waste from the property to biochar to dig into gardens, improving the soil structure, vegetable, and fruit crops as well as sequestering carbon out of the atmosphere.
Ongoing property improvements and maintenance include:
- Removal of noxious weeds
- Extraction of exotic tree and shrub species to be replaced with local native species
- A chemical-free orchard and vegetable plot