Meet Our Australian Guests
Koala - Kangaroo - Kingfisher - platypus - Bandicoot - Goanna
Why not come and meet some of our other guests? Australia has some wonderful and unique wildlife and though they are 'free range' on our MT Warning Retreat, we often have guests you may love to meet.
Would you like to meet our resident koala living in our eucalypts trees near our Alpine and Forest cabins? Or perhaps our platypus family in the Tweed River that flows past our property. Kingfishers are often spotted in the trees on the banks and a prior guest sighted over 230 different birds within our five acres. Other Australian animals often grace our retreat including Goanna Lizards and a Birdwing Butterfly photographed in our garden.
Some of Our SPECIAL Guests
- Birdwing Butterfly
- Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos
- Goanna Monitor Lizards
Things To Do
Just as many guests are discovering, Mt Warning B&B Retreat, with its beautiful rain forest gardens along the river, is also a perfect place to relax, unplug and unwind from the demands of the modern life with a "digital detox". We do have WiFi available, but mobile phone service depends on your provider. You have an excuse to not receive that SMS or email!
Find a quiet place to just sit and relax into the sights, sounds and scents of the rainforest around you, stumble upon a wallaby or goanna when you stroll around the property for some bird watching, or go down to the river to spy an elusive platypus or two.
- Bring your canoe or kayak and experience the Tweed River from our property
- See if you can spot a platypus. (The record is 14 from a canoe!)
- Explore trails and the riverside on a self guided tour around our 5 acre property
- Relax and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere
- Enjoy a BBQ in our outdoor pergola
- Relax and read or chat in our rotunda with fireplace adjacent to the pond
- Go bird watching from the verandah or on a walk around the property
- Photographers and artists will find creative inspiration
- Cafe and fine dining at Mavis's Kitchen or the Rainforest Cafe (walking distance)